The Development Fund supports the School’s Vision through three broad areas:
- Student Enrichment Fund. This funds high priority projects which have tangible and immediate impact on pupils’ learning and that cannot be supported through tuition fees alone. These are projects that offer our girls outstanding opportunities for their education and self-enrichment by enabling access to the best possible equipment and experiences, such as state-of-the-art classroom equipment and technology, cultural opportunities and enhanced support for music, sports and performing arts. To view projects we are raising funds to support in 2017 click here and to view projects supported by this fund in 2016 click here.
- Student Facilities Fund. This invests in the School’s facilities and infrastructure as laid out in the Masterplan to enable us to enhance the learning environment and experience.
- Student Support Fund (Bursaries). This allows us to increase the number of bursaries we offer in line with our charitable objectives, as well as support families who fall into financial difficulty during their daughters’ time with us.
St Helen’s School was not founded with a large endowment and does not benefit from any government funding. The majority of the School’s income is generated from fees, and this is supplemented through some modest profits from the School’s trading arm, St Helen’s Enterprise which supports our bursary programme. For us to achieve our Vision and provide an outstanding education accessible to gifted and talented girls in our area, we rely on the continuing support of our alumnae, parents and the wider St Helen’s community. By supporting the Development Fund you are making a real difference to the lives of current and future pupils at St Helen's School.
Regular giving programme
During the summer, 2017, we launched our Regular Giving Programme with a telephone appeal to our parents, alumnae and wider community of friends in support of the Development Fund. Through the Regular Giving Programme we are raising funds to enable us to upgrade our Senior School Teaching environment to a level commensurate with the facilities in the new Junior School building and to allow us to increase the number of bursaries on offer to girls whose families are not able to afford the fees or who fall into financial difficulty during their daughters' time with us.
More information on the 2017 Telephone Campaign can be found by clicking here.
Ways to Give to the Development Fund
There are a number of ways in which you can support the School and make a donation to the Development Fund.
- Regular giving - monthly, quarterly or annually - is especially valuable to the School because it enables us to predict our future income and plan for future projects. The easiest way to make a regular donation is by setting up a Direct Debit either online by clicking here or by downloading a donation form which you can then complete and return to us either via post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive a confirmation of your Direct Debit before any funds are taken from your account.
- One-off donations can be made by credit or debit card through our secure online giving facility by clicking here or you can make a one-off gift of cash, personal cheque or CAF cheque by downloading and completing our donation form and returning it to us via post or to email@example.com
- Legacy Giving - If you are considering leaving a legacy to St Helen’s in your Will please contact the Development Office directly.
Donors who gift £1899 or more in a year, to any aspect of the Development Fund, will become members of our 1899 Society. For more information on joining the 1899 Society please contact the Development Director, Zoe Baines.
All gifts for the benefit of St Helen’s School should be made payable to St Helen’s School. The School is a registered charity (charity number 312762) and therefore tax can be reclaimed on donations. If you would more information of gift aid please click here.